Friday, September 10

How I Got Scammed.. and Other News

Sula "Lily Lotus" is the perfume I started wearing at the end of high school, and I love it. Originally, I bought it at a cute little store called Anthropologie, but they recently discontinued their retailer-ship of said perfume, and I've since had to look elsewhere.

Buying online is very convenient for many reasons- one of them being price. Normally being around $32/bottle, I've found this perfume on ebay and Amazon for as little as $5 (...total steal). About 2 weeks ago, I used my last spray of my last bottle; but I went online, found a sweet deal on the elixir, and ordered it.

I was amazed at how fast it arrived. It was such a nice mid-afternoon surprise! I wasn't expecting it until Tuesday, so when I had a package slip in my mailbox today, I was stoked. I opened the package on the way back to my dorm- took out the bottle- and the first thing I noticed was that this normally crystal-clear perfume had the slightest yellowish tint to it. I passed it off as a trick of lighting, but when I smelled it- it didn't smell quite right either.

Wanting so much for this story to have a happy ending, I sprayed it on the hood of one of my jackets and gave it 5 minutes.

5 minutes later this "perfume" smelled less like perfume and more like laundry detergent.

After several tests and consulting with the roommate, we decided that this bottle was probably used, refilled, and sent (very meanly) to me. One slightly humorous-disappointment and a strongly-worded email later, I sit perfume-less.

Maybe it's time I start looking for another scent to call my own...


IN OTHER NEWS

there's this boy I really like. His name is Justin. He's great.
I hope that if you don't already know him, you get to meet him someday. And though I have no intention of using my fake perfume, I'm convinced that if I smelled like laundry detergent, he'd still hang out with me :)





1 comment:

  1. Laundry detergent doesn't smell bad, but that is LAME-O! Sounds like a nice boy.

    ReplyDelete