Monday, November 1

November Resolutions

The fact that I haven't blogged in over a month should be enough to tell you I've got some issues that need to be worked out. Thus I give you the November Resolutions. Their whats and whys are listed below, as well as in the side bar of my blog- where any resolutions can be added hereafter.

1. Go to the Student Rec Center at least 3 times a week.
-why:
1) it's free
2) stay healthy and fit!

2. Take vitamins..
-why:
1) during my freshman year, I actually noticed a difference in my overall energy throughout the day when I did & didn't take vitamins.
2) I don't drink enough milk.

3. No more than 5 hours of Facebook per week. (I WILL be logging my time).
-why:
1) pointless hours spent clicking through pages results in unneeded stress when academic deadlines approach.
2) I'd rather talk to you on the phone.

4. Only healthy snacking.
-why:
1) It's almost self explanatory.
2) you don't even want to know how much candy and how many pop tarts I ate last week.

5. Read 1 book (not school related).
-why:
1) makes you a better writer.
2) I miss just reading a book to read it. No strings attached. No highlighter. No annotations. No essay. Nothing.

6. Journal every day.
-why:
1) I like to write.
2) I did this for my entire 8th grade year, and my memories from that time remain fresher than any of my years in high school.
3) It's fun to look back and see what I was learning, and how I've changed.

7. Make a little video reel of "everyday" things that I think are beautiful
-why:
1) Just because.

8. Get my surfboard fixed.
-why:
1) Because it's broken.
2) I miss surfing.
3) So I can go surfing..

9. Go to at least one of Megan's marching band shows.
-why:
1) She is totally awesome.
2) I love seeing the shows.
3) Her band has won every competition so far this year :)

10. Blog
-why:
1) *see Resolution 6; why #1.
2) *see Resolution 6; why #3.
3) *see Resolution 7; why #1.


3 comments:

  1. It's good to set goals for ourselves! Looking forward to reading the follow-up blog where we'll see what you were able to accomplish!

    Any ideas for what book you'll read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can totally borrow my board until yours is fixed if you want! I don't have a wetsuit, so it's just sitting there now!

    ReplyDelete