Sunday, December 19

And thus the old becomes new again.

"How long to live in a state of necessity?
How long 'til I reach the final place where my heart says "no" and I will listen?
Is it dreams that so obscurely define my reality, or the truth that my heart speaks worlds apart from what my eyes are willing to see?

I scold and trick myself.
I lie to my advantage.
I dream of things and I miss my target- blinded by the back of my head as I turn away.

And it is these things that so manifest themselves in my body that I become a walking habit of dumbfounded resistance- too blinded to see the signs in front of me that scream the Lost-Cause vitals. And oh the shame of myself as a sulk in the depths of want and regret. The powerless struggle I present resounds no truer than in gritted teeth and a defeated heart... because I let myself be overcome by something I couldn't have. And even though this wrecked and haughty soul fell into grace with a grateful heart, she will turn to find that love has blown into the nest of another."

-Me, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment