Sunday, January 31

Week 1

There's no way I can really sum this week up- it's been a whirlwind of courage, conflicts, confusion and costly textbooks. I think that's usually how most "first weeks" go, but this one was different. I've been given a new perspective, one that is not my own- it's like everything in life tastes different.

Four things that stood out to me:

1) A Conversation
-A friend and I met by chance on Tuesday afternoon. We talked a bit about the day, our classes- he told me, so nonchalantly, about how his whole lecture class had found out he was a Christian. His openness and enthusiasm totally caught me off guard (in a good way)- it was so... refreshing, and honest. The genuineness of his faith totally rejuvenated my outlook and stayed with me throughout the week.

2) Learning about Fears
-Class tardiness and ocean waves were teaching me big lessons about myself this week. Good thing I had a friend for each to encourage me.

3) Beach Devotional
-Saturdays mornings are for Scripture & surf. This week's topic was "hope" and some good verses were shared. The one I brought was

Titus 3:4-7:"But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

4) Lessons from God
-I'm putting pieces of the puzzle together and it's so cool! It would be kind of long to type here, but let me know if you want to hear about how Japan put me in a Swahili class. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment