Tuesday, May 25

A Cello Summer

I got a Damien Rice cd for Christmas and, after taking about a 1/2 a listen to it, I decided something very crucial had to happen in my life: I needed to learn how to play the cello. About a month ago, I decided that this task would be my summer project, My sister Katie wanted in on it too. I found a cello on Craigslist being sold for $150 (what a deal!)... too bad the woman selling it had actually sold it within 2 days of the ad being placed- she just didn't find it necessary to delete the ad. Thanks.

So we found a cello to rent for the summer- which is just as good, if not better- then Katie and I won't have anything to fight over when the summer ends :)

Below is a picture of "Coacello" our cello. So far I can play the 2-note sequence from the hit movie Jaws, and a D major scale. I had 9 years of success doing the Suzuki program when I played the flute- so we got Suzuki Cello Book 1 today, complete with all the variations of twinkle twinkle little star you could ever want to hear.

More cello tales to come!

3 comments:

  1. My best friend bought a cello after listening to his cd! She learned quickly! I can already tell you are too! How exciting! Way to spread the cello Damien...way to spread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello mr. chello. nice to meet ya lol

    ReplyDelete