Sunday, March 28

Metaphor

I really like to run, you know, like really run.

And this feeling has been building for a long time.
I want to run, but the problem is: I don't.

I sit in my dorm room and I think about running.

I like the feeling of those Asics on my feet.

I sit in my dorm room and I think about the streets- where I would run, how I would run.
But the problem is: I don't.

I'm not even sure what's stopping me. Too many things I guess.
Apathy is one.. Inadequacy, two..
Not knowing if I even breathe right.
Fear of not achieving my personal goals.
It's raining.
I didn't drink enough water today.
I need to stretch.
My iPod earbuds always fall out of my ears.
I don't like being sweaty...

And so I sit.
But I see others running and I envy them (they're so motivated, they're so in shape).
Yet I revert back to apathy-one, inadequacy-two. And I do not run.
And I am not running.
And I look in the mirror- disgusted am I-
I see others running and I envy them.
fear-three, weather-four.
A vicious cycle of it over again.

And all I am lacking is the act itself.
Running.
Yet all it would take is just getting out there and doing it.

2 comments:

  1. Wanna go running sometime in long beach? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm often the same way...I have all this stuff planned out, but I never actually get around to doing it. Such an annoying feeling.

    I've recently realized that, in some situations, I need to set a VERY lofty goal for myself. One I know I can't achieve at first, but maybe eventually I'll get there. If not, I know I'll at least get close and I'll improve a lot. And that insane challenge looming in front of me makes me want to get out there and start immediately.

    It doesn't apply to every goal I have, but it's definitely worked sometimes in the past. And since we're alike on pretty much everything...I figured maybe it would help? :)

    ReplyDelete